Current Employment Opportunities
Please email all resumes and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for employment consideration. We have the following positions open for the 2022-2023 academic year:
Special Education Paraprofessional
Part Time Position
Job Description: St. George Academy is a college preparatory high school located in Washington, Utah. The Academy is seeking to hire a part–time paraprofessional for its awesome Special Education department. Our Special Education paraprofessionals work directly with students requiring enhanced or modified instruction under the direction of a certified teacher. Paraprofessionals generally work in an inclusionary setting, either in the Special Education academic support classroom or in St. George Academy’s general education classes.
Special Education paraprofessionals assist the teacher in general daily classroom activities with all students enrolled under an Individual Education Plan (IEP). In service of the school vision, St George Academy prepares students for the rigor of college; mathematics is a crucial need for our students; therefore, the paraprofessional must have functional high school math skills.
- High School Diploma Required
- Two years of college preferred, or
- An Associate’s (or higher), or
- A passing score on the Paraprofessional Assessment, or
- Adequate experience in any education field
- Demonstrate active proficiency in secondary-level mathematics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting students in achieving academic success
- Working with students who may be disruptive
- Consultation and collaboration with Special Education and General Education Faculty
- Administration of and assisting with testing
- Other duties as assigned
Social/Emotional/Leadership Instructor Postion
Half time, Salary, Case load of approximately 180 students.
Job Description: St. George Academy prepares students for a demanding University experience through a rigorous and accelerated academic program. At this time, we are seeking a licensed school counselor who will collaborate with our faculty team. Our instructors recognize the collective responsibility associated with our school to create an authentic, integrated program to best serve each student.
- The school counselor will deliver individual student academic planning and goal setting.
- Coordinate and/or deliver school counseling classroom lessons based on social–emotional learning standards.
- Provide short–term counseling to students and refer them for long–term support.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the community.
- Advocate for students to improve equity and access, achievement, and opportunity for all students
- Use data analysis to identify student needs and challenges.
- Help with student scheduling for assigned grades and ensure graduation requirements are being met.
- College and career planning.
- Collaborate in building a school counseling program.
- Attend required SGA PLC, RTI and department meetings and outside trainings for professional growth.
- Master’s degree in counseling or mental health related field.
- Valid Utah Counseling License
- Candidates must possess the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and our community.