Current Employment Opportunities
Please email all resumes and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for employment consideration. We have the following positions open for the 2022-2023 academic year:
Special Education Paraprofessional
Part Time Position
Job Description: St. George Academy is a college preparatory high school located in Washington, Utah. The Academy is seeking to hire a part–time paraprofessional for its awesome Special Education department. Our Special Education paraprofessionals work directly with students requiring enhanced or modified instruction under the direction of a certified teacher. Paraprofessionals generally work in an inclusionary setting, either in the Special Education academic support classroom or in St. George Academy’s general education classes.
Special Education paraprofessionals assist the teacher in general daily classroom activities with all students enrolled under an Individual Education Plan (IEP). In service of the school vision, St George Academy prepares students for the rigor of college; mathematics is a crucial need for our students; therefore, the paraprofessional must have functional high school math skills.
- High School Diploma Required
- Two years of college preferred, or
- An Associate’s (or higher), or
- A passing score on the Paraprofessional Assessment, or
- Adequate experience in any education field
- Demonstrate active proficiency in secondary-level mathematics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting students in achieving academic success
- Working with students who may be disruptive
- Consultation and collaboration with Special Education and General Education Faculty
- Administration of and assisting with testing
- Other duties as assigned